November 9, 2011

Takin It To The Streets

This past weekend, I finally took the leap to running outside.  Thankfully, Sean (husband extraordinaire) decided to start working along side me and made it easier to make that transition.  I can't get over how much nicer it is to be outside versus being in my  basement on the mangy old beast :/  Hard to believe, I know. HAHA   It's more tolerable running outside, and having a partner, and it's something we can work on together - not to mention the fact at how much crap he will get when I CHICK him!!!! HA!

It's been a few mornings now, and 5am is less awful because of  a) the time change, b) having a running partner, and c) a sweet and pleasant alarm on my new phone!  Seriously - 'c' makes ALL the difference (shhh, don't tell Sean, otherwise he will opt for the relentlessness of the 6:30am alarm which is quite brutal).  But in all seriousness, we've been doing quite well - averaging a 13min mile, which is WAY good for me :)  We are working up our distance, right now covering just under 1.5miles, and would love to see that doubled in the next few weeks.  It's great having someone with me to encourage my runs, and also offer that sense of security - not to mention the awesomeness of me CHICKING him!!!!  Um, did I mention that already????  Sorry...

Today's run was great!  The weather is so mild right now ( I mean, c'mon, it's November in CLEVELAND!!!!  We never see temperatures like this!!!) and it's the perfect opportunity to train to run outside.  So today, we didn't get out until almost 6am, which is fine but it just makes my workout run later, and we did our best yet - 12:26 mile!!!!  WOOOO!  I am so stoked :)  And what's even better is while we were doing our warm up walk, I thought for sure I wasn't going to make it and would be walking the entire way.  Not bad...not bad.   Then while the hubs got ready for work, I did my push ups, some squats, chest flies, tricep kickbacks, various ab exercises, and finished it off with 45 minute of YOGA!  Boy, do I love yoga <3  Really - I haven't done it in a few days for reasons I don't know (seriously, it's something I do almost everyday, yet I went almost a week without it.  HMMM) and it was quite noticeable.  I felt so stiff, and the poses felt so strange to me - like it was the first time doing them.  But anyway, I did it and I feel great.  The perfect end to a darn good workout!

Until tomorrow.....

No comments: