November 2, 2011

Ramble, Ramble

I was telling Sean last night how much I did NOT feel like working out yesterday.   Really, I didn't.  I wanted to crawl back into bed, under my warm covers, maybe sip some hot tea, and sleep for a few more hours.  Man, I really can't tell you how much I wanted to do that.  ::sigh:: ................  Wha?  Oh where was I???  Oh right, peeling myself out of bed :/   Anyway,  I reluctantly peeled myself out of bed and forced a work out.  Surprisingly enough, it had been one of my better work outs to date.  Hmmm...go figure!  I followed the WOD and just modified the speed, so instead of a "hard run", I jogged above my pace, and instead of a "jog", I briskly walked.  Then I included my push ups, some squats, lunges, and abs.  Not bad, if I do say so myself :)  So here was yesterday's WOD:

Fartlek’s Run
(2-4-6-4-2)
‘hard’ = above lactate threshold/race pace/NOT conversation pace
10 min w/u
2 min hard
1 min jog
4 min hard
2 min jog
6 min hard
3 min jog
4 min hard
2 min jog
2 min hard
1 min jog
(repeat as needed)
10 min c/d


I ended up completing my first mile in 14 minutes!  WOOOOO - new record for me, post broken foot.  I'm happy with my accomplishment, in spite of my miserable attitude to start.  My lungs felt strong, my legs were excruciatingly exhausted, and my attire was soaked through.  To me, that's a pretty good day!  So good, in fact, I'm contemplating taking it outdoors.  I guess I NEED to, IF I want to do a 5k in December.  Did I mention that yet???  Well, yes, I WANT to do the Reindeer Run 5k in December.  I haven't signed up yet - I'm frightened because it is SO close.  I mean, yeah the Spartan Sprint is crazy intense and all but, psshhh I have til July yo!  <---- that's me talkin gangsta.  I do it sometimes.  And yeah, I know it doesn't really work for me.  It's a defense mechanism so just deal!  So, the 5k is only a month away and I'd really like to do it, but UGH....it's close...and I'm outta shape.  I guess I will see how difficult running outside is over the next few days, and take it from there.

And, let me apologize right now - in looking back over today's post, all I can say is "Today's ramblings are brought to you by Adult ADD"  So sorry :(

Happy Trails :)

3 comments:

Sean said...

Keep up the great work babe, so proud of you!

kat said...

You are so inspirational. We used to talk about your fear and I see it disintegrating before my very eyes! You really know how to embrace the suck! RIGHT ON!!!! I'm proud to run with you in July!

WarriorMom said...

Thanks! And I have no choice but to embrace the suck - there is just so much of it, haha I can't wait for July....