November 1, 2011

Excuses, Excuses!

I hate to say it, but my past has been littered with excuses for all sorts of things.  Whether it's regarding what I eat, health issues, a cluttered closet...but more importantly working out.  I have had EVERY excuse for not exercising regularly, and sometimes even combined excuses - "I was supposed to declutter my closet, so I didn't have time to workout, eventhough I didn't touch my closet because I had a bad allergy day."  See what I did there?  Excuse overload!

I'll admit, my days are pretty full of everything - school work, house work, cleaning up after dogs and kids, making meals, errands, and these ARE very important things!  But I noticed something recently that's pretty important too, yet it's never on my daily To Do list......ME.  Yep, believe it or not, "I" am important too.  So, how am I going to make time for ME?  Well, just like everything else, it gets scheduled in.  I set my alarm for 5am every morning.  This gives me time to chug some coffee and eat a banana, hit the beast and workout until about 7am when I need to get everybody up and around.  Do I do this every morning?  Um, nope.  Well, what do I do on those days???  I set a cut off time of 2pm for EVERYTHING - school, house work, kids, etc. and I get my workout in then.  Period.  No excuses.



So, are you going to dig into your bag o' excuses today???  I'm not.  And boy, lately I could SURE use some excuses.  I've been under the weather off and on for a week, I have a sick kid, a sick husband, and LOTS of work to catch up on.  But ya know what???  I HAVE to do this.  I HAVE TO!  No excuses...

Happy Trails :)

No comments: