November 24, 2011

TWO!

Tuesday morning, I hit the two mile mark, non-stop, for the first time, at a pace of 11:27.  I couldn't get over how my lungs felt - I have asthma, so my lung strength has been a challenge for me from the start.  But my lungs felt STRONG!  In fact, at about 1.5 mi, my thighs started feeling like lead, but I couldn't stop because I knew it would throw off my breathing, and my lungs would struggle again, so I pushed through the tired legs and made it!!!  That run made me feel so confident that I CAN go the distance!  I know my legs will get stronger and carry me in time, just like my lungs are doing.  And today, we managed to shave 20 sec off our pace!  YEAH, I KNOW!!!  I felt incredible once the nausea subsided, lol!

Since Sean decided training with me, my motivation has skyrocketed.  Not necessarily by choice, haha, but he pushes me through the times when I want to give up.  In the last few days, I've realized how much I need him for this (but shhhhh, don't tell him I said that!).  I told him that my  job is to get him up at 5am to run, and his job is to push me past my whining.  I have to wonder, though, if he wants to clobber me when I'm telling him to get up, as much as I want to clobber him when he's saying "Come on, come on, you can do it.  Let's go"......I kinda doubt it ;)  haha  But, we make a great team, and we've come to appreciate the fact that it would be much harder to do it without each other <3



If you look to the right, you will see a list of races we are going to do, the first one being in March 2012.  This should be interesting, as it's about 7 miles through the rolling hills of Danville, PA...in MARCH!  Did I say that already???  If anyone is wondering what March in PA is like, well it's about as fantastic as March in Cleveland, lol!  Cold, snow, and ice - perfect race conditions HA!  Unless of course, they have a warm up, then things will get nice and sloppy....Should be fun :)

In order to train for this race, we started using a training plan on Runner's World.  It's great because we plug in our starting distance and pace, and our goal.  So according to this, we should reach our 12k goal by March with no problem.  And this pic I found pretty much sums it up:



Happy Thanksgiving :)

No comments: