November 7, 2011

Embracing The Suck

One thing I've noticed since I've started working out is, I am NOT the only one who hates it!  So many women I've come to know openly talk about how much it all sucks.  However, what separates them from the average Joe is that they do it in SPITE of the suckiness!  They'd rather stay in bed than get up with the chickens and go for a run.  They'd rather sit on the couch with their favorite snack and a bottle of cabernet, than do burpees til they almost puke.  Some have stitches, some lost toe nails, some are pregnant....doesn't matter.  They do it by embracing the suck.

My lifestyle change is a few weeks in now, and I must say it's still incredibly difficult.  I'm not sure if it's because I truly am a wuss, lol, or if because my level of difficulty has risen. Possibly both.  BUT, I'm noticing that eventhough it's difficult, and I ache, or I feel like taking a nap, I'm doing what I need to do.  Yes, I am embracing the suck often.  There's a whole lot of suck throughout the week so I have plenty of opportunities to take advantage of it, lol.  In  fact, my wonderful  family decided to help me out a bit by making me a gift of suck to embrace ;)




Haha, yes,  it's my very own sandbag, filled with 40 lbs of hell!  And I can't wait to use it!  I'm sure my husband will be more than happy to snap some photos of me looking absolutely ridiculous with this, so I will be sure to share them!  I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful family, who encourage me to push myself to my limits and want me to Embrace the Suck!

Happy Trails :)

No comments: