October 28, 2011

Sometimes It Sucks

I know my last post was all positive, "A mile is still a mile", but BLEH!  That's how I feel about that today.  I struggled on that dang treadmill the second I stepped on it.  Even my warm up walk felt difficult.  I told myself I should just stop because I can tell what it's going to be like, but NOOOOO, I embraced the suck and kept going.  OY!  Not good...not good.  I managed a solid 1/2 mile run only stopping to tie my shoe (cuz Lord knows I don't want that to get caught in the beast!), then pretty much walked the rest of the way.  I was DYING!  My legs were barely holding me up, I felt dizzy, I was sweating yet chilled to the touch....I wanted to quit and cry in my bed.  BUT, again I didn't. I finished my mile in an embarrassingly pitiful 15:18.  ::hangs head in shame::   After that failed attempt at athleticism, I decided I deserved some punishment and picked up my running partner - a 2 gallon pail of primer, which is only about half full :/   I added two 4lb dumbbells on top of it, inclined my beast to a 9.0 grade, and went for it.  Yeah, well that didn't last long either.  At 1/10 of a mile I nearly tossed my cookies, so I put down my jug and continued walking without it and finished 1/2 mile.  I can't even begin to tell you how mad I was/am at myself.   >: [    <----very close

Anyway, eventhough my time spent on the beast was a bust, I still rocked my push ups (total 132, max 35), did a killer ab workout, and squeezed in some arm and leg exercises.  Then I finished it off with yoga :) 

So, I guess overall it sucked, but I didn't quit.  I kept going, and I can continue to TRY every single day.

Happy Trails :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work!

WarriorMom said...

Thanks!!